This month's recipe is brought to you by Wholesome Yum.
Gluten Free + Low Carb Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 cups Blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup Erythritol
- 1/4 cup Butter (softened)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter and erythritol for 1-2 minutes, until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat in the almond flour mixture until a dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to bake.
- Preheat the to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the ball of dough between two large pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll out to 1/4 in (.6 cm) thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookie shapes and transfer them to the parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden on the edges. Cool on the cookie sheet before handling.
Serving size: 1 large cookie (4.5 inch tall gingerbread man)
Total Carbohydrates: 6g